Why Not Just Die?

I wrote this awhile ago. Figured I'd put it on here.


What exactly happens when you die? Your body rots in a pit, or your ashes sit in a cabinet...

But is there more that's not related to your physical being?
I'll go into the "Where do you go?" question later, but first I'm focusing on how I know there IS something after you die.

Sorry if it makes no sense. I'm horrible at explaining things that make sense to me, and often enough the things DO make sense to me make sense to no one else...


I am absolutely, 100% certain that there is life after death.
We can picture things within our mind. Without using our eyes we "see" memories. We can create pictures, feel past emotions, and re-create past senses (touch, sight, sound, etc.), all within in our mind, as though it's our own personal movie, as we experience it.  Even without actually controlling it, these things run through our heads.  What do you think happens to that when we die? I'm not talking about our actual experiences, but that innate ability that let's us see with our minds eye. (I can't quite think of what to call it, which may make it difficult for you to understand what I mean...) I'm not sure about the rest of the world, but I'm constantly aware of what I "see" within my head, especially when I'm engrossed in a good book (it's what makes reading so much fun for me. The text comes to life within my mind) or daydreaming. I can choose to think/"see" what I wish (easiest to concentrate with eyes closed and no distractions), and it's obvious when you sleep (your dreams).  That little movie constantly playing in your head as you think, remember, and experience new things. It never goes away.  What happens to that when you die? Does it disappear?  I just can't imagine that being so. I'm a firm believer in anything is possible...Except the absence of mental activity, and I'm not referring anything physical (if that makes any sense...). The way I see it, when you die, there just can't be nothing happening.  The little place in your mind where you "see, hear and feel"... it can't be empty.  You don't just imagine blackness for the rest of eternity.

There must be something there, even after you die.  Maybe you're trapped reliving old memories. Actually living through them, or remembering them as you would while you were alive.  Maybe you "live" in some other life, or otherwordly place (The Heaven/Hell Theory).  As for what exactly it is...We don't know. We all have our own beliefs, and often turn to religion as a means of answering that question so that we don't spend all of our lives focused on this one question until it drives us to insanity.  Of course, that is something that happens subconsciously. We don't actually think "Oh, I'm going to read the Bible and believe in God so I can know what happens when I die."  It's just a subconscious assurance that you KNOW what's going to happen, because the Unknown often scares the shit out of most people, and with religion (not sinning, obeying all the rules) people try to assure themselves that the "afterlife" is going to be something positive (Heaven) because they're afraid of it being negative (Hell).

Now, for my opinion on "where you (your (sub)consciousness) goes when you die:

Anywhere! Your afterlife is of your own choosing. Where ever it is you think you'll go, whatever you think will happen...does.  Everyone has there own personal Heaven whether they are religious or not.  If I believe I'll be reincarnated when I die, then reincarnated I will be.  If I believe I'm going to walk/float/fly through the Pearly Gates into the Heaven created by God (if you believe in God), then you will. Heck, if I believe I'll "live" in a world I read about in a book (Middle Earth, anyone?), then there I'll be.  Whilst talking to a good friend of mine, we had a discussion about our own personal Heaven, which was basically made up of a handful of places extremely close to our hearts.  As long as you believe it, it will happen.  You may just "live" your current dreams, and this current "life" may just be a result of your last death.  Reincarnation seems to rule supreme here, but not in the limited sense that you'll be on the Earth you're familiar with, but to your true beliefs.

Which leads me to something I realized while typing this... Everyone is correct in their afterdeath/life assumptions and beliefs. There is no right or wrong. It all depends on the person. Everyone's theory is correct, and no one is going to "Hell" unless they truly believe that's where they're bound.  People fear the "Unknown" of what happens after they die, but in my opinion, there is no Unknown. We already know what'll happen, though we may not be aware that we do.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

RIP DumDum