Nightmares

So, this morning, for the first time in a long time I had a nightmare. It wasn't as crazy as most people's nightmares, and thankfully not deployment related, but Holy shit, I was one unhappy camper when I woke up.

Note: Some of the finer details are gone from my memory, but considering how damn vivid it was, I still remember the majority of it, quite well.

So it started out like any other dream. Me doing random shit in a random place with random people. The usual. Trying to race people but can't move fast to save my life. A bad omen. When I returned to my room from my adventure and running debacle, I open my door to see... My room covered in spiderwebs, and IN the spiders webs a bunch of good sized and fully functional beehives and hornet/wasp nests. Naturally, I freaked the fuck out. especially when I noticed that most of the bees/wasps/hornets were the size of my thumb, a few bigger, a few smaller. The spiders ranged anywhere from tiny to tarantula, all kinds, shapes and sizes. A few invented by my subconscious just to SCARE THE LIVING PISS OUT OF ME. Normally when I feel that much terror in a nightmare I wake up instinctively. Well, apparently my brain wanted to punish me for something, because that shit just wasn't happening. So what does Dream John do? Run away screaming like a pussy (ya know, the kinda thing I would've done should I actually stumbled upon)?

Nope. I run over to my roommates room and grab a can of Axe, and used that to turn my lighter into a flamethrower! So there's my basically burning my entire room down because you know, a bunch of big fucking bugs of the variety that kill and eat people. I took no chances. Unfortunately, even after I ran out of Axe, scorched Earth the shit out of my room and eventually put the fire out, there were still bugs all over the place, but the really huge scary ones were all gone. They crackled while they burned. Fucking disgusting. But I couldn't sit down or pick anything up without having to crush several spiders away. Or the scorpion hiding in my drawer. Can't forget that bastard. I'm surprised I didn't piss the bed when that happened.

So next I leave and join a mixture of Army buddies and friends from WI and go to...school. If the bugs didn't clue you off that this is a nightmare, that should. So we're at school, and it turns out that my BugFlood had spread there as well, but on a much smaller scale. Mainly just small spiders everywhere. And a scorpion. In my desk.  God I hate those. Now, things start making less sense than being back in school.

We're done with school for the day! Woohoo! We all went back to our rooms and changed out of our work uniforms (since dreams just can't make sense), which involved me crushing bugs left and right and trying not to cry because they were all up in my dresser drawers and clothes. Dream Me really wanted to kill himself to make it end. Luckily for him, he gets the opportunity, though the jackass wastes it.

Because, when we all met back up outside, we stumbled across a really odd bug that controlled this little plastic contraption that propelled him everywhere faster than a human can run. Didn't seem too threatening. Hell, the thing looked like it was made out of Lego's. We started laughing at it, and it disappeared underneath a bus. I'm assuming the bug had some kind of weird control over vehicles because the bus started up and immediately tried to run our asses over. I jumped over it like a boss.  Well, for the next 15 or so Dream Minutes it was nothing but that damned little bug zipping back and forth to a shitton of civilian and military vehicles that all summarily tried to fucking kill us, while we jumped, slid, dove, ran (super slow dream run. I also fell in slowmotion when I jumped) trying not to get crushed or run over.

Then I woke up one very unhappy motherfucker. Though I did get my revenge. Half an hour later I took a nap with a fucking vengeance. I slipped into a lucid dream (meaning I was consciously aware I was dreaming and had complete control) and literally washed my entire dream world in fire.  No more of that bug bullshit. Re-created an Earth where I was about to go to bed (in my dream. I was fucking tired), but when I pulled the sheets back to climb in bed, a fucking scorpion. At that point my alarm woke me and climbed out of Ian's Mustang and went to class.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

RIP DumDum